The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck



“Don’t hope for a life without problems,” the panda said. “There’s no such thing. Instead, hope for a life full of good problems.” 
― Mark Manson

I remember getting this book was a victory for me. There was a bookstall at my school and with newly learned negotiation methods that my mum had taught me, I got this book at the best discount.
I even remember this being the "Cool book for the cool kids". Funny enough, I think the cool kids needed this book more to know how to not give F about being so cool all the time!.

I have read this book twice, and the second time when I read it. I understood it at a different depth. The reason this author sold 6 million copies is very clear. He wrote the bitter truth that we all have accepted even once in our lives but never been brave enough to speak up about it.

He had a very different approach, unlike many self-help books, that show us how to throw our problems under the rug and see the bigger picture. He tells different.

As in chapter 5, he explained: When we feel we are choosing our problems we feel empowered. When we feel that our problem is being forced on us against our will, we feel victimized and miserable.

 I would recommend this book to everyone, especially age (18-25) because this is the age where we fall in the loophole race, compare and give a lot of importance to many aspects of our lives while forgetting the main ones that truly matter to us.

With that said, yes there were parts I didn't agree with, But aren't we all constantly upgrading and evolving our perceptions? :)

-ay

Post a Comment

0 Comments